21 Club Mad Men Cocktails
Surely Don Draper and his pals would have sidled up to the fabulous bar at the 21 Club, foot on the rail, while ordering a classic cocktail from one of NYC’s most famous restaurants, and one that today is still mecca to the advertising world. The 21 Club is sharing three of their classic cocktails with Tomatoes today from a new book called, “The Unofficial Mad Men Cookbook.” Vodka Gimlet’s anyone?
- Bloody Mary Mix
- 24 oz Tomato Juice
- 1 ¼ oz Worcestershire sauce
- 4-5 drops Tabasco
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Fresh Ground Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- ½ Tbsp Olive Brine
- Mix tomato juice, Worcestershire Sauce, Tabasco, salt, pepper, lemon juice and olive brine in a large container.
- Taste and adjust as needed
- Bloody Mary Mix (above)
- 2 oz Vodka
- Lime Wedge
- ½ tsp Horseradish (optional)
- Pour vodka over rocks in a highball glass.
- Fill glass with Bloody Mary mix.
- Garnish with a lime wedge.
- Add horseradish, if desired.
- 2 oz Vodka
- 1 oz Rose’s Lime Juice (an alternative would be to use fresh lime juice and simple syrup)
- Fill shaker with ice.
- Add vodka and Rose’s Lime Juice.
- Shake and strain into martini glass or pour over ice on the rocks.
- Mint Leaves
- ½ oz Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 oz Mint Simple Syrup (see recipe below)
- 2 oz Bourbon
- In a Collins glass, muddle mint leaves in fresh lemon juice and mint simple syrup.
- Fill glass with crushed ice, add bourbon. Stir.
- Garnish with a bruised mint leaf.
Mint Simple Syrup
- Crush a goodly bunch of mint leaves in a quart container.
- Fill to half way mark with sugar then fill with boiling water.
- Stir well to dissolve sugar.
- Let mint steep while syrup cools. Strain.
- Let the syrup cool to room temperature and spoon it into a jar. Seal tight and store in refrigerator for up to three weeks