Baked Greek Chicken
We’re always looking for new recipes for chicken breasts, and this is a delicious one and easy to make too. Just a few simple ingredients: red onion, garlic, frozen spinach, feta cheese, seasonings, breadcrumbs and boneless skinless chicken breasts.
Baked Greek Chicken Print This Post
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- ½ medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped divided
- 1 (10 oz) box thawed, chopped spinach
- 2/3 cup crumbled Greek feta cheese
- 1/8 tsp. grated nutmeg
- Salt and pepper
- 3 Tbsps. Butter
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Heat 1 tablespoom olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and 2/3 of the garlic; cook until softened.
- Transfer to a medium bowl to cool.
- Then, add spinach, feta, and nutmeg; toss to mix, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Melt butter in the same skillet, turn off the heat and stir in the breadcrumbs, oregano, and remaining garlic.
- Coat a baking dish or baking sheet with the remaining olive oil.
- Split each chicken breast across lengthwise (but not all the way through) and stuff with the spinach and feta mixture.
- Place the stuffed chicken breasts in the baking dish or on the baking sheet and top with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake until breadcrumbs are toasty, and the chicken juices run clear about 25 minutes.