Espresso Chocolate Cake
This recipe was inspired by an online cooking course that I have been taking at the world’s leading online school Rouxbe. When I finish with the course, I will have a certificate in plant based cooking. I’m almost finished. Yay!! We test recipes every week and I loved this cake.
It is made with tofu which is quite unusual for me instead of cream.
But when I took a bite of this cake, it was a Wow!! It was delicious, moist, and filled every desire I had for chocolate cake. It is simple and healthy, and with tofu being the base of the cake, you can serve it to your kids or loved one’s without them knowing. The secret will stay between us!
Espresso Chocolate Cake Print This Post
Prep Time: 45m; Serves: 8; Yield: 1 cake
- 2 cups raw pecans
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 3 cups vegan dark chocolate chips
- 2 packages organic firm silken (260g pkgs)*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 shot of espresso
- In a food processor, pulse the pecans, and sugar until it becomes fine.
- Add the salt, chipotle powder, and coconut oil
- Pulse to combine well. Here the coconut oil will act as the glue to the crust.
- Press and shape nut crust into the bottom pie shell.
Espresso Chocolate Filling
- Melt the chocolate using a standard double boiler method, or using a microwave.
- In a food processor, add the tofu, vanilla, espresso shot, sea salt and the melted chocolate. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the pie shell
- Chill in the fridge for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Garnish with raspberry, or any fruit in season.
Slice and Enjoy!!
Cookbook author and entertaining expert, Pamela Morgan is the owner of NYC based Flirting with Flavors, where she offers exclusive cooking parties, inspirational seminars and special events. She is highly regarded as a special event planner, culinary consultant, cookbook author, and is a food & entertaining editor for Hamptons’s Cottages and Gardens. Pamela sees food as a flirtation: sexy, provocative, and a little mysterious. Her desire is to teach you how to flirt your way into a full on passion for cooking and entertaining! Visit her web site for recipes, entertaining inspiration and much more.