Heirloom Tomato and Zucchini Salad
recipe courtesy of the American Tomato Growers Association
There’s nothing better this time of year then heading to your local farm or farmer’s market, or into your own background garden and harvesting fresh vegetables and making a delicious summer salad. If you love tomatoes and zucchini, here’s a salad you’ll love.
Heirloom Tomato and Zucchini Salad Print This Post
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. MAKES: 12 servings
- 7 large heirloom tomatoes (about 2-1/2 pounds), cut into wedges
- 3 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 2 medium sweet yellow peppers, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon each minced fresh basil, parsley and tarragon
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, zucchini and peppers. In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, oil, sugar and salt until blended. Stir in herbs.
- Just before serving, drizzle dressing over salad; toss gently to coat. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each)