3 Awesome Holiday Drink Recipes
Here are three crowd pleaser holiday drink recipes you’ll want to make holiday traditions.
Cranberry Ginger Moscow Mules Print This Post
- 8 ounces ginger beer
- juice of 1 lime
- vodka, 1 shot/jigger
- 1 tbsp cranberry juice cocktail (the sweet stuff)
- raw cranberries and lime slices for garnish, optional
- Drop a handful of ice into your Moscow Mule copper mug and glass.
- Add vodka, ginger beer and top with cranberry juice.
- Cut the lime in half and squeeze both halves into the drink mixture.
- Top with a handful of cranberries and garnish with a slice of lime and a sprig of rosemary.
Traditional Mulled Wine Recipe With Brandy and Cinnamon Print This Post
This will smell great simmering on the stove, and your guests will love it. A great old world recipe.
Makes about 16 drinks.
- One bottle (750 mL) of red wine (suggestions: Cabernet Sauvignon, Zinfandel, Merlot)
- One orange (peeled and sliced; keep peel to add zest to taste into cooking pot)
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 8 to 10 cloves
- 1/3 cup honey (or sugar)
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp. fresh or 2 tsp. ground ginger (allspice can be substituted)
- To make the perfect cup of mulled wine, combine all ingredients in either a large pot or a slow cooker.
- Gently warm the ingredients on low to medium heat (avoid boiling), for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Stir occasionally to make sure that the honey or sugar has dissolved completely. When the wine is steaming and the ingredients have been well blended it is ready to serve.
- Ladle the mulled wine into mugs (leave seasonings behind) and enjoy!
- The 1/3 cup of honey or sugar does make a sweeter-styled mulled wine, feel free to cut honey/sugar down to taste.
Hot Buttered Rum Print This Post
Make up a batch, pour into mugs, sit by the fireplace and pretend you’re in the Alps.
- 2/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Pinch salt
- 3/4 cup spiced rum
- 2 cups boiling water
- 4 sticks cinnamon, for garnish
Using an electric mixer, beat the brown sugar, butter, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt in a medium bowl until blended and smooth. Transfer the mixture to a 4-cup (or larger) measuring cup. Add the rum and then 2 cups of boiling water. Stir until the butter mixture dissolves. Divide the buttered rum among 4 mugs. Garnish with the cinnamon sticks and serve.