Layered Brunch Casseole
Recipe courtesy the Incredible Edible Egg
This is a perfect brunch recipe and the best part is you can prepare it the night before and then just pop it in the oven. Serve with fruit for a festive breakfast or brunch. Easy peasy.
Layered Brunch Caserole Print This Post
|2 /12 cups||frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed|
|6 slices||Swiss cheese|
|1 1/2 cups||chopped lean ham (8 ounces)|
|6 slices||American cheese|
|1 1/2 cups||nonfat milk|
|1 tbsp.||Dijon mustard|
|1 tbsp.||dried minced onions|
|1 1/2 cups||crushed corn flakes|
|1/4 cup||butter, melted, optional|
- SPRAY a 3-quart casserole with cooking spray; set aside.
- LAYER half of the potatoes, Swiss cheese, ham and American cheese in prepared casserole. REPEAT layers.
- BLEND remaining ingredients except corn flakes and butter, until combined. POUR over ingredients in casserole. REFRIGERATE, covered, several hours or overnight.
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Uncover casserole and sprinkle with corn flakes. DRIZZLE with melted butter, if desired.
- BAKE casserole 50 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
Total fat: 12 g
Saturated fat: 6 g
Polyunsaturated fat: 1 g
Monounsaturated fat: 3 g
Cholesterol: 218 mg
Sodium: 749 mg
Carbohydrate: 22 g
Dietary fiber: <1 g
Protein: 19 g
Vitamin A: 725.7 IU
Vitamin D: 81.6 IU
Folate: 37.5 mcg
Calcium: 273.9 mg
Iron: 3.3 mg
Choline: 175.5 mg