Practical Makeup Tips + Expiration Dates
We love celebrity makeup artist Lisa Eldridge’s practical makeup tips that most of us can actually master. If you get a little overwhelmed by the volume of makeup products that launch every day, you’ll love her video and tips for reviving and reusing the makeup that is probably in your makeup case right now. She is pictured above in her before and after tutorial. And ever wonderful when makeup expires? We’ve got you covered.
A few of Lisa’s Makeup Tips
Here are a few tips for using the makeup you already have in your makeup bag.
- Mix your old foundation with your new foundation
- Scoop your old concealer into a little pot and mix it with some moisturizer. You can mix the new concealer with it too.
- Dry makeup will last a long time and is safe as long as you are using clean brushes.
- Wet your brush and use your eyeshadow as an eyeliner.
- Line your entire lip with a lip liner to make your lips appear bigger, and use a tinted lip balm
How Often Should You Replace Your Make Up
According to Womens Health Magazine, as a general rule, you should replace your mascara every three months, eyeliner and eye shadow every six to 12 months, and lipstick every one and a half years. Meanwhile, the average expiration date for foundation, powder, and other facial makeup is 12 months. Read more.