Slow Cooker Turkey Breast with Mustard Sauce
Recipe courtesy Stop and Shop
For a smaller crowd, whip up this turkey breast. Bonus: no need to dirty another pan for the gravy; it comes together right in the slow cooker!
- 2 heads garlic
- 2 onions
- 1 (0.75 oz) pkg thyme
- 1 cup turkey broth
- 1 (5 -6 lbs) bone-in turkey breast
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Halve the garlic heads crosswise. Peel and halve the onions. Place garlic, onions, and thyme in the bottom of a 7-quart slow cooker. Add the broth.
- Pat the turkey dry and season with salt (in moderation) and pepper. Place turkey on top of the onions and drizzle the honey all over. Cover and cook on low 6 hours or on high 3 hours.
- Preheat the broiler to high. Remove the turkey breast and place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Broil 2–3 min., until skin is browned. Let stand 10 min. before slicing.
- Meanwhile, remove onions, garlic, and thyme from the cooking liquid in the slow cooker. Whisk the cornstarch and mustard together, then whisk into the cooking liquid. Cover and cook on high 10 min., until slightly thickened and coats the back of a spoon. Serve gravy with turkey.
Garnish the platter with lemons and fresh thyme sprigs.