Stir-Fried Chicken & Rice with Spring Veggies
We love chicken, and this is a delicious and relatively easy meal to put together. Chicken breasts are marinated in soy sauce and sesame oil. Saute with rice and add in spring veggies – shitake mushrooms, asparagus, scallions and peas. A perfect one dish meal.
Stir-Fried Chicken & Rice with Spring VeggiesPrint This Post
* 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, cut into ¼-inch slices
* 1/4 cup soy sauce
* 1 TBLS sesame oil
* 2 TBLS + 1 tsp vegetable oil (divided)
* 2 eggs, lightly beaten with 1 tablespoon water
* 1 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms
* 1/2 bunch asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
* 1 bunch scallions, sliced in ¼-inch pieces
* 3 TBLS rice wine vinegar
* 2 TBLS oyster sauce
* 3 cups cooked white long grain rice
* 1 bag (16 oz) frozen peas, thawed
* 1 TBLS toasted sesame seeds
1. In large bowl, combine soy sauce and sesame oil. Add chicken and stir to combine. Set aside.
2. While chicken is marinating, heat a 10 or 12 inch skillet over medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon vegetable oil to pan. Add eggs; swirl and flip to form omelet. Remove omelet from pan, roll into tube and slice into thin slices. Reserve.
3. Heat large sauté pan or wok over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil. Add chicken and toss until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil to pan and heat. Add mushrooms and sauté, stirring until browned. Add asparagus pieces, tossing until just tender, another 4 – 5 minutes. Add scallions and sauté 2 minutes.
4. Add vinegar and oyster sauce to vegetables. Add rice and toss, heating thoroughly, about 4 minutes. Add peas and return chicken to pan. Add reserved egg, warm through and serve immediately.