recipe courtesy California Cherries 
Oh yeah, it’s cherry season. Cherries are a delicious and nutritious  snack with lots of health benefits. And lets not forget cherry pie and cherry sangria. Here’s a recipe that’s perfect for summer. Oh and we’ve posted a YouTube video that shows you how to pit a cherry too. Just below the recipe.
Bing Cherry Sangria
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup water
1 cup fresh California Bing cherries, washed and pitted
1 (750 mL) bottle fruity red wine, chilled
2 cups California Bing cherries, pitted
24-36 ounces mineral water
Fresh mint sprigs for garnish
- Bring sugar, water, and cherries to a boil in a medium pot. Once boiling, reduce to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Cover and chill. (This can be done a day ahead.)
- Pour the wine over ice in a glass pitcher . Strain cooled cherry syrup into a large pitcher, pressing on the cherries to release their juice. Squeeze the juice of 1 orange and 1 lime and add to the wine. Stir in remaining cherries.
- Slice the remaining fruit into rounds or wedges (for garnish), and add half to the wine along with half the fresh cherries. Add mineral water, to taste.
- Pour the sangria over glasses of ice, top each glass with a little more mineral water if desired; garnish with sliced fruit, cherries, and mint sprigs
- Garnish with fresh mint.
Yield: 1 pitcher, 6-8 servings
How to Pit Cherries