What Happens When a Rooster Meets a Tomato?
The Chinese New Year also known as the Spring Festival is here. Because this holiday is tied to the lunar solar calendar the date changes from year to year. This year it begins on January 28th. Each year is represented by one of 12 animals. Every animal sign has its own unique personality and the energy for the year takes on the characteristics that are specific to that animal. Look out Tomatoes because this is the year of the Red Rooster!
What can we expect of this new energy? The Rooster is flamboyant but even more so because this is a FIRE year. It will not slowly sneak up on us but it will be bold and make itself known. Those who excel this year will do so because they are analytical and deep thinking. More than the other years, risks should only be taken with extreme and careful evaluation. It is a year that calls for hard work and for those who are diligent there is great potential to be rewarded. Being both careful and determined is an excellent combination for success in the year of the Fire Rooster.
If you are a Tomato you should prepare your home, office, as well as your mind and body, to attract the things you desire in your life for the coming year. Where do you start?
Before the New Year
- Begin, before the New Year arrives by cleaning and beautifying your interiors. Washing everything from top to bottom washes away any bad luck and makes room for good luck to come into your life.
- Tidy up your life by paying off any outstanding bills. It is an auspicious way of saying goodbye to the past and welcoming the future. If you cannot pay off your debts make sure you send payments as a gesture of your positive intentions.
- Put away all knifes and scissors so that the new good luck energy coming in does not get shredded. Do your slicing and chopping before the holiday.
During the celebration
- Be sure to wear red which is very auspicious. If you don’t want to wear a red outfit, use red accessories. Red is a happy color that brings the person wearing it a bright and sunny future.
- Give gifts of Chinese coins tied together with red ribbon or place them in red envelopes for good luck.
- Fill a bowl with mandarin oranges and present them to your guests during the New Year celebration. Oranges symbolize prosperity, good fortune and longevity.
- Share a meal with family and friends. Lots of food brings in lots of good luck, prosperity and abundance to all areas of your life.
- Create a Red Bird.Your home should be your “red bird” so that it reflects your promising future. Introduce red to your home through fresh flowers or decorative pillows. This auspicious color is sure to set the atmosphere for a promising new year.
- Invite energy in.If you are home when the new year arrives, open your front door to allow this new energy to enter. Fresh air brings with it fresh beginnings.
By taking these steps, you’ve set a stage that welcomes a new start, a fresh beginning. Tomatoes will find enjoyment in the comfort it brings and excitement that accompanies taking positive action. Welcome to a healthier, happier and more prosperous you, in 2017!