5 Holiday Survival Shopping Tips
- Shop early in the day. Many stores open as early as 8am now, and it is heaven to shop for yourself and others on your list, when most shoppers won’t show up till 10am. The merchandise is neat and the salespeople are still friendly and calm.
Bonus: As you are leaving totally delighted with your peaceful shopping experience, you get to see the faces of harried and hurried shoppers looking miserable and Scrooge-like.
- Enroll in Ebatesand shop thru the their website. Each retailer offers a percentage of your purchase to be sent back to you via Ebates. So far, I have earned over $500 in Cash Back, which I would not have earned if I shopped directly at a store’s website.
- Keep your list on your phone and on paper. Better safe than sorry, so be modern and traditional.
- Keep receipts to get price adjustment if they occur within two weeks from purchase date. I believe that we should NEVER lose the opportunity to save money, so keep your receipts on you and be ready to show them to the sales person, in the event you see the price of what you bought has been lowered.
- Take advantage of all the sales to fill some gaps in your own wardrobe. Perhaps a new pair of boots, dress, jacket, etc. No longer do you have to wait till after Christmas Day to get a bargain.
NOTE: Due to the very warm temperatures in most of the country, you can expect even better deals on sweaters, coats and other cold weather attire. Now that will take a chill out of anyone’s day.
HINT, HINT ALERT:
Give a hint this Christmas Season to the gift giver in YOUR life and you too can get a Gift Certificate for a variety of my wardrobe styling services. Husbands and wives, love requests to receive my services as gifts, because they are so tired of hearing their wives complain about having nothing to wear. Sound familiar?
Here’s to no more stressing about dressing!
Scarlett De Bease
The Professional Woman’s Stylist
ScarlettImage.com – 914 441-0756