5 Italian Cocktails Perfect for Summer
Galvanina, Italy’s famed bottled mineral water and all-organic beverage company, launched a “responsible drinking” campaign during Milan’s TuttoFood event this spring, “We created a line of cocktails that are very low in alcohol, yet are exceptionally flavorful,” notes Rino Mini, Galvanina’s CEO. “We feel a responsibility”, continues Mini, “to lead a discussion about responsible and conscious alcohol consumption, especially among Millennials.” Galvanina’s R&D team worked with young Italian barmen to create 47 mocktails and cocktails, made with organic soda and packed with interesting flavors, specifically intended to please a hip, gourmet audience.
Here are five of my favorites made with Galvanina’s award-winning all-natural, organic beverages. These sodas are outstanding– made with Italian passion from handpicked, tree-ripened, organically grown Mediterranean fruit. Each simple-to-make cocktail is low in alcohol making them not only responsible but light and refreshing. Perfect for warm weather sipping.
All the soda comes in stylish, retro award-winning glass bottles that are so pretty you’ll want to keep them to use as vases, oil & vinegar or salt & pepper servers.
Sicilian Forest Print This Post
This thirst-quenching drink is made with the 2016 Fancy Food Show sofi award nominated Best Cold Beverage! It’s an all-natural mix of blood orange, black carrot and blueberry juices.
- 7 ounces Galvanina Organic Blood Orange-Black Carro & Blueberry Soda
- 1/2 ounce Cointreau liquor
- Splash of sparkling wine such as Franciacorta
- Pour the soda, Cointreau and sparkling wine into a glass with ice. Stir and garnish with berries.
Dolce Vita Lemonade Print This Post
- 7 ounces Galvanina Organic Sicilian Lemon Soda
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 ounce Gin
- Pink peppercorns
- Pour the soda, lemon juice, honey and gin into a glass with ice. Stir and garnish with pink peppercorns.
6 PM Print This Post
- 7 ounces Galvanina Organic Clementine Soda
- 1 ounce Aperol liquor
- Orange slices
- Pour the soda and Aperol into a glass with ice. Stir and garnish with orange slices.
Moscow Light Print This Post
- 7 ounces Galvanina Organic Ginger Beer Sparkling Beverage
- 1/2 ounce Vodka
- ¾ ounce lime juice
- Sliced and quartered fresh lime
- Fresh mint leaves
- Pour the soda, vodka and lime juice into a glass with ice. Add fresh lime, stir and garnish with mint.
Frizzante Print This Post
- 7 ounces Galvanina Organic Sparkling Mineral Water
- ½ ounce Cointreau liquor
- ½ ounce Campari
Pour the sparkling water, Cointreau and Campari into a glass with ice. Stir and garnish with raspberries.
Galvanina’s organic, all natural mixers and sodas are available at Whole Foods, Amazon, and fine gourmet shops including these stores in NYC: Zabar’s, Weside Market, Garden of Eden, Waffle Cabin in Brooklyn and Amish Market.