Feng Shui Tips for A Good Night’s Sleep
One of the highlights of a Spa vacation that I always look forward to is a cozy, rejuvenating, and restful night’s sleep. Now you can recreate a Zen, peaceful night’s sleep with these practical and easy to implement Feng Shui design tips for your bedroom.
- Bring the elements of nature indoors with a collection of sea shells from your last vacation, a rock garden, a potted plant or a piece of art that expresses the beauty of nature.
- Choose “yin” (calming) colors to ensure a peaceful sleep. Greens, blues and violets are restful to our eyes and our spirits.
- Organic Bedding is a luxury that your body will thank you for. It feels great against your skin…so natural.
- Use black-out shades in your bedroom to prevent light pollution from seeping in. This keeps you in tune with your natural day-night cycle, helping you maintain balance and wellbeing.
- Be sure that the head of your bed is against the wall which is called the “black turtle” in Feng Shui-the energy that supports you and protects you.
- It is important to be able to comfortably see the door to your bedroom from your bed. This creates a secure and calm environment.
- Remove photographs of family and friends from your bedroom and relocate them to the social rooms of your home. The bedroom is a sacred sanctuary for you, your spirit and your dreams.
- Feeling too wired to sleep? Electromagnetic fields which are emitted from electronics can cause restlessness. So pull the plug on your electronics, for a restful, restorative nights’ sleep.
- Light a candle or incense, smooth on your favorite body lotion or mist your bedding with the relaxing scents of lavender, sandalwood, rose, vanilla or cinnamon. Inhale and smile as you feel all tensions drift away.
Follow these tips and allow your bedroom to support you and a blissful night’s sleep. Have a cup of Chamomile or Peppermint tea, listen to a guided meditation CD, read something inspirational or write in your personal journal until your eyelids gets heavy. Shut your light and cuddle up in all natural organic night clothes and sleep baby sleep…