NYC Event: Renewal Summit 2018
Anne Akers (Glow Beauty and Health) and Cheryl Benton (The Three Tomatoes) are delighted to invite you to our next Renewal Summit. Spring is a great time to renew ourselves and rethink our lives – where we are, where we’re going, and where we’d like to be. The renewal summit will provide inspiration for loving yourself at every age, living healthier and longer, looking your best, and making in a difference in your world. Get your tickets.
Date: Saturday April 28, 2018 from 10am to 6pm
Venue: The Center, 208 W. 13th Street, New York City
Tickets: PRICE $95 . (includes snacks, lunch, panels, speakers, exhbits and wine reception.
Speakers, Moderators, Panelists
Barbara Hannah Grufferman, author, "Love Your Age: The Small-Step Solution to a Better, Longer, Happier Life"
Cheryl Benton, Founder/Publisher The Three Tomatoes, author, "Can You See Us Now? A novel for grownups
Dr. Thomas Romo, Director of facial, plastic and reconstructive surgery at Lenox Hill Hospital; President, The Little Baby Face Foundation
Dr. Suzanne Steinbaum, Preventive Cardiologist; Spokesperson, Go Red for Women American Heart Association
**10:00 – 10:45 – Check-in, visit exhibitors***
10:45 to 11: 15 Welcome/Opening Speakers
- Welcome from co-hosts Cheryl Benton & Anne Akers
- Keynote: Barbara Hannah Grufferman, author of “Love Your Age: The Small-Step Solution to a Better, Longer, Happier Life”
- Brief remarks, Cheryl Benton, author of “Can You See Us Now? a Novel for Grownups”
11:15 to Noon – Who’s Counting? Ageless Tomatoes Speak Out
Moderator: Roni Jenkins, Partner, The Three Tomatoes
Panel discussion with four women whom we admire and who inspire us. They are fully living life and having so much fun doing it. What are their secrets to living long, successful and happy lives?
- Carol Sue Gershman, adventurer, entrepreneur, author, singer
- Edna Kaufman, singer/performer, Ms. Senior America runner-up, crafter
- Alice March, inspirational author and motivational speaker,
- Pat Addiss, Broadway Producer
***Noon to 12:45 – Lunch and Visit Exhibitors***
12:45 to 1:30 – How to Live Longer Better
Moderator: Jane Hanson, Emmy Award Winning Journalist
Three experts explore natural and non-toxic cures for cancer and the effect of environmental toxins on serious disease, promising research on stem cells and their impact on disease and aging, and the benefits of Integrative Medicine on longevity and quality of life.
- Dr. Dennis Goodman – Director of Integrative Medicine at NYU Langone Medical Center
- Sylvie Beljanski – Vice president of The Beljanski Foundation; author of Winning the War On Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure
- Dr. Thomas Romo, Director of facial, plastic and reconstructive surgery at Lenox Hill Hospital; President, The Little Baby Face Foundation
1:30 to 2:15 – Stress Busters – An Antidote for Today’s Times
Moderator: Dianne Devitt, Motivational Speaker, Producer
When you’re under stress for days — or even weeks or months — you’re at risk for numerous health issues. These risks may extend to your body and mind, as well as your emotional well-being. Our panel of experts will share ways we can reduce the risks of stress.
- Dr. Suzanne Steinbaum, Preventive Cardiologist; Spokesperson, Go Red for Women American Heart Association
- Mario Orsatti, Director, Center for Leadership and Performance, David Lynch Foundation; TM Trainer
- Carey Davidson, Founder/CEO Tournesol Wellness
- Sonia Satra, Founder Moticise, Certified life coach, Fitness Instructor, Motivational speaker
2:15 to 3:00 – Let’s Talk: Health Challenges Facing the “40 Plus Woman”
Moderator: Claire Carter, Journalist and Founder Good for You Network
These experts will discuss healthy, natural ways to address issues for the woman over 40, including exercise, nutrition, sleep habits, libido, and the benefits of Chinese Medicine. Also tips on how to talk to your doctor about your concerns.
- Rika Keck, Founder NY Integrated Health
- Roberta Mittman, Wellness Coach and Chinese Medicine Expert
- Beth Bettaglino, CEO Healthy Women
***3:00 to 3:30 – Break***
3:00 to 4:15 – Up Your Style Game – Makeover Winner Reveal!
Moderator: Debbie Zipp, LA Editor, The Three Tomatoes
We will present the winner of our “Win a Makeover” contest and the makeover team responsible for the transformation. You’ll see the before, and the after and the team will discuss what that did. We will also invite three attendees to join us on stage for advice from the Makeover experts.
- Marie Bove Salon, Yuseff Smyth, Stylist, Makeup Artist
- Gabrielle Carlson, Fashion Designer
- Accessories Council
4:15-5:00 – Making a Difference
Moderator: Randie Levine-Miller, Special Events Producer, The Three Tomatoes
This diverse panel of women who are giving back will inspire each of us to think about meaningful ways to give back at any level.
- Betty Rauch, 30-year volunteer, board member and past Chair of the Fortune Society
- Genevieve Piturro, Founder, Pajama Program
- Tessie San Martin – CEO, Plan International USA
- Sue Matthews, Co-Founder, Taylor Matthews Foundation
5:00 – 6:00 Wrap Up, visit exhibitors, wine reception
Thanks to Our Sponsors
MonaLisa Touch. An innovative treatment for restoring intimacy.
Jan Goldstoff. Jan Goldstoff wears many hats, and wears them well. She is a publicist, special events launcher and coordinator, extraordinary events and headshots photographer. Best of all, the “gal with the golden rolodex” is a connector. Her successful New York based firm, Jan Goldstoff Public Relations, is now celebrating its 23rd year.
Natural Source International. Drawing on 40 years of pioneering environmental medicine research conducted by Dr. Mirko Beljanski, Natural Source International has developed a unique expertise, bringing together science and nature, to deliver tested formulas that promote health and well-being.
The Transition Network – NYC Chapter. An organization of accomplished women over 50, The Transition Network–NYC offers a feast of benefits designed to enrich the lives of professional women over 50, providing: opportunities for new friendships, stimulating interest groups, programs and activities, support systems at times of change, and—as part of the generation that breaks the rules—new discoveries about who you are now and the world.
Because I am a Girl. A global non-profit that promotes the rights of girls and is giving them a future.
India Hicks. British designer India Hicks’ jewelry, scarves, handbags and totes, scents, and new all-natural, organic, plant-based beauty products will be available for sale.
Handmade Crafts. Edna Kaufman and her daughter will have their handmade crafts for sale.