4 Super Healthy Smoothie Recipes
Smoothies are a great way to jump start your healthy eating or even diet resolutions. And it’s so much better to make your own because of the ones you buy are laden with sugar and unneeded calories.
Green Tea, Blueberry, and Banana Print This Post
Recipe from Prevention. Get more smoothie recipes here.
Antioxidant-rich green tea makes this healthy smoothie a nutritional powerhouse.
- 3 Tbsp water
- 1 green tea bag
- 2 tsp honey
- 1½ c frozen blueberries
- ½ med banana
- ¾ c calcium fortified light vanilla soy milk
- MICROWAVE water on high until steaming hot in a small bowl. Add tea bag and allow to brew 3 minutes. Remove tea bag. Stir honey into tea until it dissolves.
- COMBINE berries, banana, and milk in a blender with ice crushing ability
- ADD tea to blender. Blend ingredients on ice crush or highest setting until smooth. (Some blenders may require additional water to process the mixture.) Pour smoothie into tall glass and serve
NUTRITION (per serving) 269 cals, 2.5 g fat, 0.2 g sat fat, 52 mg sodium, 63 g carbs, 38.5 g sugars, 8 g fiber, 3.5 g protein
Psst! This is your body on green tea:
Good Morning Green Smoothie Print This Post
Makes 3 cups
Fresh fruit blends harmoniously with chopped cucumber and broccoli in this vibrant breakfast smoothie.
- ½ cup (120 ml) water
- 1 cup (170 g) green grapes
- ¼ cup (35 g) cucumber, diced
- ½ kiwi, peeled
- ½ apple, seeded, cored
- ¾ cup (75 g) broccoli, chopped
- ½ inch (1.3 cm) slice lemon, peeled
- 1 cup (130 g) ice cubes
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 1 minute or until desired consistency is reached. Serve immediately.
Nutrition: Serving Size1 cup (240 ml);Amount Per Servings Calories80;Total Fat 0g; Saturated Fat 0g; Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium15mg; Total Carbohydrate 20g; Dietary Fiber 3g; Sugars15g; Protein1g
Green Kale Smoothie Print This Post
Kale is chock-full of indole-3-carbinol, which boosts DNA repair in cells and prevents the growth of cancer cells.
- 1 cup kale
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup honeydew or melon
- 1 green apple
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp flax seeds (optional)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup ice cubes
Mix with together in a blender or smoothie maker until smooth. You have options to add in flax seeds, protein powder (which is tasteless), avocado, banana, raw oats, nuts, etc.
Wild Blueberry Ginger Kombucha Smoothie Print This Post
Aid your digestion and boost your immune system. Serves one.
- 1 cup frozen Wild Blueberries
½ cup kombucha
1 small knob of ginger, grated
- In a blender, add all of the above ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
Ginger Strawberry Kombucha Smoothie Recipe Print This Post
Recipe from Healthy Smoothie Headquarters
- 1 cup kombucha
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds or chia seed gel
- 1/4 inch ginger, peeled and minced or 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- A little honey, maple syrup, or stevia to sweeten
- 4-6 ice cubes
- 1 fresh or frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- Any other healthy ingredients or superfoods you have on hand
Place all the ingredients into your high-speed blender and blend for around 30-45 seconds or until nice and smooth. Note, if you don’t have a very powerful blender you might want to blend everything except the coconut oil first, then drizzle it on and blend for another 5-10 seconds to avoid clumping.
Calories: 351;Fat: 23g; Protein: 6g; Carbohydrates: 34g; Fiber: 14g; Sugar: 9g; Vitamin C: 103% RDA; Folate: 35% RDA; Calcium: 21% RDA; Iron: 20% RDA