A Creamy Risotto – Perfect for Fall
by Pamela Morgan, Flirting with Flavors
This creamy fall risotto with butternut squash, Parmigiano Reggiano and thyme is so comforting and delicious. Serve it at your next dinner party and you’ll be a hero. 😉
Prep Time: 10m | Cook Time: 30m | Total Time: 40m | Serves: 5 people
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, diced
- 3 sprigs thyme, pulled from stem
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 6 1/2 cups chicken stock, preferably homemade
- 1 tablespoon Parsley, chopped
- kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Drizzle cubed squash with olive oil, salt, and pepper and roast for 30 minutes or until caramelized.
- Heat chicken stock in a saucepan, cover, and bring to a simmer.
- Melt butter in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Add shallots and cook until translucent. Add risotto, mix to coat with butter, and cook for about 1 minute to lightly toast the rice.
- Add thyme and toss to coat. Deglaze with wine and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add two ladles of stock and keep stirring until the liquid evaporates. Add more stock and keep repeating the process until the rice is cooked through but still has a slight bite to it.
- Remove pot from heat and add in parm and squash. Garnish with chopped parsley and enjoy right away. 🙂
Cookbook author and entertaining expert, Pamela Morgan is the owner of NYC based Flirting with Flavors, where she offers exclusive cooking parties, inspirational seminars and special events. She is highly regarded as a special event planner, culinary consultant, cookbook author, and is a food & entertaining editor for Hamptons’s Cottages and Gardens. Pamela sees food as a flirtation: sexy, provocative, and a little mysterious. Her desire is to teach you how to flirt your way into a full on passion for cooking and entertaining! Visit her web site for recipes, entertaining inspiration and much more.