Chicken Thighs with Sauteed Radishes
Recipe coutesty of The Chicken Roost
We’re always looking for new ways to prepare chicken and this one fills the bill. Skinless chicken thighs with sauteed radishes, shallots and scallions served with watercress, is a simple to make and elegant meal for weeknights or dinner guests.
Chicken Thighs with Sauteed Radishes Print This Post
Serving Size: 4
* Season chicken thigh pieces with salt and pepper.
* 1 1/4 pounds chicken thighs, boneless and skinless chicken, cut into 1-inch pieces
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 2 tablespoons minced shallot
* 12 radishes, trimmed and quartered lengthwise
* 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
* 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
* 1/4 cup half-and-half
* 1 bunch watercress (about 4 oz), divided into four servings
* 1/4 cup sliced scallions
1. Heat olive oil in large sauté, pan over medium-high heat. Add shallots to pan and sauté for 1 minute. Add chicken pieces and radish halves to pan and continue to sauté, until golden brown and cooked through, about 15 minutes.
2. Remove chicken and radishes to an oven-safe plate and keep warm in oven.
3. Add broth to sauté pan and turn heat to high. Stir, scraping up any browned bits. Whisk in the Dijon mustard. Reduce heat to medium-low and whisk in the half-and-half. Cook 2-3 minutes more, allowing the sauce to thicken slightly. Remove from heat. Adjust seasoning, if necessary.
4. Place one serving of watercress on each plate. Divide chicken and radishes among the plates, placing it on top of the watercress, and spoon some of the pan sauce over each serving. Sprinkle sliced scallions on top of each dish.