Recipe courtesy King Arthur Flour
Never mind the sour cream, farmer’s cheese, cream cheese, water bath, and worrying about a sunken center. The filling for this delicious cheesecake has just four simple ingredients, and the cake bakes in a mere 30 minutes. Now THAT’S easy!
PREP 12 mins| BAKE 30 mins| TOTAL 1 hr 42 mins
- 1 1/2 cups (128g) graham cracker crumbs (9 to 10 whole graham crackers, crushed)
- 1/4 cup (28g) confectioners’ sugar
- 1/3 cup (5 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon, 74g) melted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (454g, 2 large packages) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup (152g) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Select a pie pan whose inside top dimension is at least 9″, and whose height is at least 1 1/4″. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Make the crust by stirring together all of the crust ingredients, mixing until thoroughly combined.
- Press the crumbs into the bottom and up the sides of the pie pan, making a thicker layer on the bottom than on the sides.
- Make the filling by mixing together the room-temperature cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Mix in the eggs and vanilla, again mixing until smooth. To avoid beating too much air into the batter, use a mixer set at low-medium speed. To avoid lumps, make sure the cream cheese is softened, and/or at room temperature.