Four Awesome Recipes from Tomato Home Chefs
Our 3T partner Randie Levine Miller admits she hadn’t turned on the oven in her NYC apartment since 1995. But now’s she’s making cookies and you’ll love her Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies. Margot Tohn is cooking Rueben’s and freezing them. Judy Davis has a chicken slow cooked recipe. And head tomato has healthy chicken nuggets. SEND US YOUR RECIPES to TOMATO@thethreetomatoes.com
Randie’s Easy Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
Submitted by Randie Levine Miller, hostess with the mostess, co-producer Tomatoes Got Talent
- Take 2 large bananas… a little over ripe is good…. mush them up in a bowl..
- Then add 1 cup of raw old fashioned oats to the bananas, and mix together (you can add cinnamon to the mixture if you like)
- Take 1/2 cup of chocolate chips …. melt them in microwave
- Take 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter .. melt in microwave
- Mix all together… take teflon baking sheet…. spray a little pam so the cookies won’t stick
- Put handfuls of mixure on baking sheet probably between 9 and 12…..
- Bake at 325 in oven for 25 minutes…
And voila, you have healthy cookies… they taste better the next day… keep at room temp or refrigerate.
Submitted by Margot Tohn, NYC Entrepreneur
- I use the small square cocktail bread you usually find in the deli section, but just use regular Pumpernickel or Rye.
- Soak the sauerkraut in Russian dressing overnight.
- Butter two pieces of bread per sandwich
- Layer swiss cheese, corned beef, and the sauerkraut on one unbuttered side of the bread.
- Heat up your frying pan – low to medium heat. No butter needed!
- Put the sandwich bundles in the pan, butter side down.
- Put a top piece of bread on top of each sandwich, butter side up.
- Once the sandwich has a nice brown on the downside, turn it over. Be careful. If it slips around, just put it back together.
I freeze these in plastic bags. Heat them back up in the toaster oven
Slow cooker Chicken with Brown Sugar
Submitted by Judy Davis, NYC, Party Planner Extraordinaire
5 chicken thighs pre-browned in pan-this can be made with boneless skinless without pre-browning
• 2 tablespoons garlic minced
• 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
• 1/3 cup brown sugar packed
- Add salt, pepper and garlic to the slow cooker.
- Add chicken and coat both sides with seasonings. Skin side up
- Sprinkle on the brown sugar.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- NOTE. I do 3 hours low 1 high and 1 again on low if necessary
Baked Chicken Nuggets
Submitted by Cheryl Benton, aka “the head Tomato”
- Two boneless chicken breasts
- One Egg
- Panko Flakes
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Cut boneless chicken breasts into bite sized pieces
- Break egg into a bowl and mix
- Dip nuggets into the egg mixture then cover with Panko Flakes
- Season with Salt and Pepper
- Place on a lightly oiled sheet pan
- Sprinkle lightly with olive oil
- Baked at 350 degrees until crispy (about 15 minutes)