One Dish Beef Strogonaff
Recipe courtesy Beef What’s for Dinner
Combine Ground Beef and simple ingredients in one skillet for a crowd pleasing dish that doesn’t require extra work.
- 1 pound Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 1/2 pound sliced button or cremini mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 cups uncooked whole grain wide noodle-style pasta
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup regular or reduced-fat dairy sour cream plus additional for topping
- 1 tablespoon regular or coarse-grain Dijon-style mustard
- Salt and pepper
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef, mushrooms, garlic and thyme; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking Ground Beef into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally.
- Stir noodles and broth into beef mixture. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook 9 to 10 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring twice. Stir in peas; continue cooking, uncovered, 3 to 5 minutes or until peas are heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; stir in 1/4 cup sour cream and mustard. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Garnish with additional sour cream, if desired.
Cook’s Tip: One pound beef Top Sirloin Steak Boneless, cut 1-inch thick may be substituted for Ground Beef. Cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/8-inch thick strips. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high until hot. Add half of beef; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. Remove from skillet. Repeat with 1 teaspoon oil and remaining beef. Keep warm. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in same skillet. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and begin to brown. Add noodles, broth, garlic and thyme; bring to a boil. Cover and cook as directed in Step 2, returning beef to skillet and stirring in peas as directed. Remove from heat and continue as directed in Step 3.