Personal Style Quiz: Discovering Your Image Profile
The Power of Pretty® Advice
You are a unique spirit and have your own idea about what makes you happy when you look in the mirror. One fun way to characterize who you are by how you look is through the process I call image profiling. Image profiling allows you to determine a consistent image objective. The first step in this assessment is to determine how you want to be perceived in relation to who you are. To be who you are and let people see who you are. Through this process, you will more easily achieve your unique expression of beauty.
As you go through the assessment, answer these questions according to the way you’d like to seen by others. Perhaps how you’ve been dressing represents more of the old you rather than the person you’ve become. Take a moment to really think about it and be honest. We are all becoming. Some of us are happy with how we are seen, and some of us might want to start anew. It might just be about letting go of old patterns of self-image.
Your Image Profiling Quiz
1. If you could be given one honest compliment it would be:
- You look like you have it all together.
- You are so comfortable to be with.
- You’re very sweet and kind.
- You are stunning!
- You’re quite unique and interesting.
- What a sexy woman!
2. Your idea of makeup is:
- Understated and balanced
- Little or none
- Soft and pretty
- Glamorous and dramatic
- Whatever strikes you at the moment
- Alluring, glossy, and enticing
3. If you were to wear one signature outfit that captured “you” it would be:
- A classic suit with a beautiful silk blouse
- Jeans and a t-shirt
- A soft flowing cotton dress
- A long black straight skirt, a brightly colored blouse, and eye-catching accessories
- I don’t categorize myself
- Something that shows off my great legs and cleavage
4. Assuming you had no figure flaws and wanted to make a splash at a cocktail party you would wear:
- That perfect little black dress with pearls
- A comfortable slack and tunic combo
- A soft velvet dress with pretty strappy sandals
- A stunning turtleneck sheath, stilettos and dramatic jewelry
- A vintage lace jacket, a bustier and palazzo pants
- A perfectly revealing silk slip-dress and sexy shoes
5. It’s your class reunion. It’s casual, but you’re in perfect shape. You would wear:
- A classic tailored dress slacks, a crisp cotton blouse, and matching shoes and belt
- Khakis and a comfortable top
- A pretty, casual sundress
- An off-the-shoulder blouse, slim pants, and great makeup
- An interesting bohemian-inspired ensemble and that unusual bracelet you found on vacation
- A cleavage-revealing knit blouse, fitted jeans, and sandals
6. Assuming your hair and face were right for it, your idea of a great hairstyle would be:
- A perfect classic bob updated but appropriate
- Casual, easy, no muss, no fuss
- Beautiful, healthy, long, flowing hair
- Pulled back dramatically into a chignon
- A unique style no one else is doing
- Full, tousled, wild and sexy
7. You’re having a dress made for a fabulous special event. That dress is going to be in what color?
- A classic primary
- A nice neutral
- A soft pastel
- An unusual off-color
8. Your choice of jewelry to wear with it is:
- A beautiful pin with matching earrings
- Your metal hoops
- Bold stunning earrings
- That interesting antique broach from the flea market
- Sparkly drop earrings
9. Which words would you like to describe you most?
- Elegant, sophisticated, classy, refined, tasteful
- Modest, down-to-earth, informal, relaxed, natural
- Pretty, feminine, enchanting, sweet, lovely
- Glamorous, distinctive, captivating, stunning, theatrical
- Unique, original, hip, cool, inventive
- Alluring, tempting, sexy, enticing, hot
10. With which celebrity’s style do you most identify?
- Diane Sawyer
- Lauren Hutton
- Jane Seymour
- Sela Ward
- Diane Keaton
- Goldie Hawn
The Six Basic Image Profiles
Now you’re ready to tally up your score. You may find you’re equally matched across two or more profiles. That’s to be expected. Rarely are any of us easily pegged into one category. But the point is to find one or possibly two profiles that best describe how you’d like to be perceived.
If you’ve circled mostly A, you’re a Classic.
If you’ve circled mostly B, you’re a Casual.
If you’ve circled mostly C, you’re a Romantic.
If you’ve circled mostly D, you’re a Dramatic.
If you’ve circled mostly E, you’re an Innovative.
If you’ve circled mostly F, you’re an Alluring.
To get the full details on each profile, and more of Christopher Hopkins great advice, visit http://themakeoverguy.com/advice/.