Renewal Summit Vision 2020
Editor’s Note: Our Renewal Summit is rescheduled for Friday June 12!
Here’s how you can help. If you have been thinking about attending, please buy your ticket. We are extending the early bird discount to March 31 so you will also save $15. If we cancel the event or reschedule on a day you cannot be there, you will receive a full refund of your ticket. Thank you in advance.
Anne Akers and Cheryl Benton are excited to co-host the fourth Renewal Summit and we are callingTomatoes from Coast to Coast for this all-day event featuring top speakers and panelists who will inform and inspire. This year’s theme is “Vision 2020” and will provide inspiration for thriving in midlife and beyond.
Note: In the unlikely event that summit is rescheduled and you cannot make the new date, your money will be fully refunded.
- Friday June 12, 2020
- The Scandinavia House, 58 Park Avenue (between 37th & 38th Street), NYC
- 9 to 5 PM
- Early Bird Ticket price $110 til March 31 (then price is $125)
We welcome Tomatoes from all over the country. We have reserved a block of hotel rooms at the Shelburne which is a block from the venue and conveniently located in midtown. Click here for hotel details and a brief questionnaire of other activities you might be interested in.
Note: We will be updating as we finalize our speakers.
9:00 to 9:45 AM – check in, coffee, visit exhibitors
9:45 – 10:00 Welcome from co-hosts
Welcome from Anne Akers and Cheryl Benton
10:00 to 10:30 Keynote/Fireside Chat
“Make America Healthy Again” with Dr. Nicole Saphier
Cheryl Benton will interview Dr. Saphier around some of the topics in her book, Make America Healthy Again: How Bad Behavior and Big Government Caused a Trillion-Dollar Crisis, which will be released this spring by Harper Collins. Dr. Saphier is a board-certified radiologist at Memorial Sloan Kettering. She is active in healthcare advocacy, legislation and a national medial contributor for Fox News Channel and Fox Business Network
10:30 to 11:15. Cannabis, Truth vs Fiction
We will cover everything from investing in cannabis businesses to benefits of cannabis and cannabis products and what consumers need to know.
Moderator: Jeanne Sullivan, Venture capitalist and advocate for cannabis legalization and adviser to investors in this new high growth industry.
- Dr. Junella Chin is an advocate for better understanding of the science and medicine of cannabis. Dr. Chin and her team of physicians consult with patients all over the world. They have been integrating medical cannabis since 2001. Her work has been featured in Forbes, US News & World Report, Huffington Post, Good Morning America, among others.
- Wendy Nguyen is a fashion influencer (over 1 million Instagram followers), and founder of Wendy’s Lookbook. She recently opened Artemis, a high quality CBD shop in NYC after discovering the benefits of CBD for her own PTSD from childhood sexual abuse, which she has only recently talked about publicly.
11:15 – 12:00. Sexual Health & Wellness
Sexual health is very much a part of our overall wellness. This will be an enlightening panel with top experts.
Moderator: Rachel Braun Scherl is a “vagipreneur” and an expert in business-building for female health companies, speaker, and author of “Orgasmic Leadership.”
12:00 to 1:00 – Lunch and visit exhibitors
1:00 to 1:45. Wellness Travel & Spa Trends
Savvy, wellness-minded women are actively seeking out destinations, accommodations and experiences that will allow us to maintain a routine of fitness, healthy eating and other pursuits associated with wellness living. This panel of experts will discuss the growth of wellness travel and spa trends.
Moderator: Sallie Fraenkel, President of Mind Body Spirit Network, a leading expert in wellness travel and spas.
- Cataline Lloyd, Global Director of Luxury Leisure Sales at Proper Hospitality, luxury and wellness hotels and residences
- Molly Anderson, Vice President, Wellness Programming and Experience Development at Canyon Ranch
- Jodie Webber is creative director at Shou Sugi Ban House, a thirteen-room destination spa and retreat located in the Hamptons that embodies global wellness and healing-arts practices for their guests.
- Nina Smiley, Ph.D. is Director of Mindfulness Programming, at Mohonk Mountain House, the iconic Victorian castle resort founded by the Smiley Family nestled in the Hudson Valley, Nina is co-author of The Three Minute Meditator, Mindfulness in Nature, and the CD Mini-Meditations That Will Enhance Your Life.
1:45-2:30 Women’s Heart Health
Cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of death for women in the United States and kills over 50,000 women a year. This panel features one of the leading cardiologists in the country and two women who will share their personal stories with heart issues.
Moderator: Debbie Zipp, 3T LA Editor, author, actress, heart health advocate
Dr. Suzanne Steinbaum, Spokesperson, Go Red for Women, American Heart Association, is a cardiologist who has devoted her career to the treatment of heart disease through early detection, education, and prevention.
2:30 to 3:15 PM – Break and visit exhibitors
3:15 to 4:00 PM. CATCH THE GLOW: Healthy Bodies, Radiant Beauty, Positive Spirits
Moderator Anne Akers, Health, Beauty, Wellness editor for 3Ts, and Founder/Publisher Glow Beauty Magazine
- Rochelle Weitzner,
- Beauty Industry Veteran, Founder of PAUSE Well Aging Skincare, the first of its kind product to address issues arising from the 3 stages of menopause
- Dr. Daryl Gioffre, Wellness and Longevity Expert; Author, “Get Off Your Acid: 7 Steps in 7 Days to Lose Weight, Feel Great and Reclaim Your Energy.”
- Aleta St. James is a world-renowned energy healer, life coach, and author. She made worldwide news when she became the first woman in America to give birth to twins at age 57.
4:00 – 4:45. Aging Backward
This high energy panel of experts will talk about food trends and fads, meditation, exercise and your brain, and much more.
Moderator: Kim Selby, 3T SF Editor, life-long Yogi, fashionista, and wellness advocate
- Roberta Mittman is an alternative health care practitioner, health and wellness coach, speaker, author, licensed acupuncturist and expert in Eastern medicine.
- Lyn Genet-Recitas is a sports nutritionist, holistic health practitioner, sommelier and a NY Times and International Bestselling author of The Plan and The Metabolism Plan
- Joan Pagano is an expert in putting together exercise and training programs for midlife women. Her mission is to integrate physical fitness into their day to achieve a healthy, active and productive life.
- Paula Oleska is a thought leader, award-winning brain coach and a bestselling author.