- 2 1-inch thick fillets of a firm white fish such as halibut, cod, or albacore
- ½ cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 large tomato, chopped (or substitute canned
- diced tomatoes, drained, about 8 oz)
- ¼ cup white wine (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 deg. F.
Combine cilantro, garlic, lemon juice and 2 tbl. olive oil. Place in dish or plastic bag, and add fish fillets. Be sure fish is coated in marinade. Marinate for about 30 min., while completing rest of dish.
Grease baking dish with 1 tbl. olive oil. Distribute sliced onions on bottom, top with chopped tomato, and sprinkle with salt and freshly ground pepper. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes – onions should be soft.
Place fillets on tops of onion/tomatoes and drizzle marinade on top. Sprinkle with wine, salt and pepper.
Return to oven and bake until fish is flaky, up to 30 minutes.
Serve with rice, polenta, or couscous.